Tuesday, March 17, 2009

THE GREAT SUBWAY SANDWICH SCAM



This week the sandwich king Subway, officially became charlatans 9.5 on a scale from 1 to 10.
I went in for a roast beef sandwich, Dasani and chips and paid $ 6.44.
At the end of the transaction, I got a receipt that said, “get $1.00 off your next 12” sandwich and 50¢ off of your 6”.
So today, being a nice day in the low 70’s, I went out again for the same thing.
The bill was $6.42.
I was stunned. I said to the clerk, “I don’t get it. Where am I getting 50¢ off here?”
Pointing out the bill total from the yesterdays receipt, saying that I had the exact same thing and that I’m only being charged 2¢ less.
Their answer to me was that the discount applied to sale of a sandwich only and not their meal. When you buy a sandwich with chips and a drink you are being charged for a “meal”. A fixed, bundled price.
Me,“Who the hell orders a sandwich only? Nice scam you’ve got going here”. I said it loud enough for everyone to hear. I got the 50¢ off my bill right away.
I recon it was “hush” money. LOL Lower your volume and get the hell out.
Subway, you are almost as bad as AIG corp. Rip off artists. Bottom line.
I was charged for each item individually. Thus giving me a total of a whopping 2¢ discount.

No comments: