Friday, July 23, 2004

IT'S STARTED

They say that the first thing to go is your brain. Well, I haven't even turned 46 yet and the mind has already gone.
A co-worker was telling me that she was getting a couple kittens but really wanted them all.
I told her that I would never be able to visit her again, if she did that, cause I'm allergic.
She then asked me if I was always allergic. I said no. I had two cats as a kid. I loved my last one so much that I was eternally saddened, that we had to give that cat up, when we moved to a "No Cat's" apartment.
Then she asked me the magic question, "what happened to the first one?".
And do you know what? I did not remember. What the hell happened to my mind?
Did she die of old age? Did we have her euthanized? What happened to Orphan Annie?
I wondered about it for the next 4 hours and it bothered me so much, that I had to use my cell phone to call my aunt long distance. After hi how are you, yadda yadda yadda, I asked her, "what happened to Orphan Annie? I can't remember for the life of me, what on earth became of her."
My aunt, with a half laugh, (and it better be a half laugh) said, "she ran away. She just left home one day and never returned. I remember, she was 9 years old." Blimey, I thought, is that one of those events, one hears about, that's so traumatizing, that you could black it out completely? I've heard about these cases.
Could this be it? I thought, maybe I'm vitamin deficient, cause I'm losing it! I need some Ginko Biloba. Stopped at Walgreens, paid for a bottle of the new age elixer and left. Took a bus the rest of the way home trying to recall the past. Trying to recollect my very first memories, so that they stay fresh, (paranoid that I be) I sure wouldn't want to forget my beloved great grand parents.
I go home and open my bag pack, and low and behold, I left the Ginko Biloba ON THE COUNTER!
SHOOT ME NOW AND SEND ME TO THE GLUE FACTORY!!!!

No comments: