Saturday, July 17, 2004

Earthquake

This week I experienced a little bit of an
earthquake.

It was spooky.
I laid in bed and felt the earth under me, rumble.
As I laid perfectly still, Illinois shook only a little
bit, it was significant, and it was mild, and I knew
exactly what it was. It was Illinois' third recently.
Later I found out the preliminary reading was
3.5 on the Richter Scale. The epicenter was
over hundred miles away, yet I felt it, and no
one I know felt it.
It just makes me wonder how easy I could become
homeless. It can just take a few seconds really.
I'm American and I have skills to find a job, but
I still can become homeless in under a minute.
We've been having weird weather too. Not only
where I live, but in places that never ever had
tornados are getting them. I think there's a lot to
be said regarding that move Day After Tomorrow.
It makes one re-think. It's kinda humbling.

No comments: