Saturday, July 04, 2009

SUMMERFEST 2009

On a whim me and H. walked to Union Station and took a bus called Megabus to Milwaukee. Well we got our tickets and left a little later. They only charged us a couple dollars! When I use to see the ads a couple years ago, I thought it was a gimmick with a big catch. Well apparently not.
At Summerfest we saw that Paramour/No Doubt were doing a show at 7Pm. H. got tickets and we walked around. We saw lots of acts including some interesting Colombian or was it Equadorian musicians with guitars and whistles that hypnotised us. They were awesome. At seven the Paramour/No Doubt show started. Gwen was the bomb. After that we headed down towards the Harley Davidson stage. Along the way, Matisyahu was playing I think the Oasis stage. OMG he's a sight but can he JAM. He's so good, I'd trade my old Sean Paul cds for his. He's a bona fide reggae star. After awhile there, and as much as it personally pained us to walk away I had to see Judas Priest as they are one of my top 10 favourite bands of all time. Not to mention the fact that they were the main reason for even going to Summerfest. It was weather perfection. It couldn't have been more perfect. It was about 72 and overcast all day but there wasn't a drop of rain. On the beginning of the road trip, I Googled "Milwaukee B&B's" and the first one I called had a room available for a hundred bucks! It was awesome and we were fed well. Very very well. So well that a frogurt with fruit from Berry Chill on State Street was all we had that evening. We - I had fun. Dancing in the aisles at No Doubt, like (according to "H") a cross between Cindy Lauper and Gwen Stefani. And then head banging to metal tunes (still remembering all the words) by Priest like "Breaking the Law". LOL My comment to dat...... I may be 50 but I still ROCK!

No comments: