Sunday, March 27, 2005

PAY FUCKING ATTENTION!

It seems like any time I pick up the phone at work, I have to get the dumb shit callers. If half of these wishy washy pillocks would pay attention, I'd be a lot happier. Some people are such dumb fucks that I can't believe that most of them are still alive past the age of 14.
I often get the callers in search of making an appointment for their child which we don't see.
(THANK YOU LORD) So I usually give them a referral of a good one. These phone calls are always the same thing.
Me:We don't see children here but I can give you the phone number of a good one.
Them:Hold on a minute, let me get a pen.
WTF?! If you're calling a doctors office to make an appointment, shouldn't you have a pen and paper nearby already? They are SOOOO stupid it's alarming. These are parents, caring for young children. It scares me that our future has nimrod mothers. I also get peeved by the odd parent who makes me wait while she's entering the date in her palm pilot. Write down the date and address and directions on paper and then fucking add it later dip shit. The world doesn't revolve around you and your damned palm pilot!
PAY ATTENTION PART DEUX
Again this goes on all day long.
Me:What's your Name?
Them:They give me their name
Me:What's your address?
Them:1234 5th Street
Me:606 -- (This is the Chicago Zip Code prefix. It ends differently for each postal zone)
Them:Yeah
Me:606
Them: Oh, It's "57"

This was NOT a yes or no question! I just wanted your damned zip code dipshit! They do this to me when I ask for their area code. I'll ask for a phone number and they'll say "555-0203" and I'll ask, "and your area code is...." and they'll say something stupid like 60657 or Yeah. What the hell? Yeah? Yeah? Yeah WHAT!? PAY ATTENTION! The world DOES NOT revolve around your distractions. If you have kids, don't call when they're screaming. Don't call me from work if you have to answer phones. My life does not revolve around your work schedule! I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO BE PUT ON HOLD! Don't call me when you're on your mobile, in your car with your windows open! It's not pleasant to hear you shout over the craaaaackle kkkkkkh pffffffft sound. Don't call me from your factory assembly line job either. If you have to wear ear filters, how can you possibly think I can hear you clearly? If you need an appointment anywhere, do it when you are in a quiet place on a land line preferably. Call when your brats aren't screaming, and the dogs aren't barking. Call me when you do not have to answer phones because I DO NOT HAVE TIME TO "HOLD ON". Have a pen and paper handy and PAY ATTENTION!

1 comment:

Deb said...

When my children were young, some days I couldn't complete a sentence, let alone complete a zip code. I think the constant interruptions and maintenance fry the neurons.